Faith & the Common Good (FCG) is a national, interfaith charitable network dedicated to supporting diverse faith and spiritual communities contribute to greener, healthier, more resilient neighbourhoods. The Global Catholic Climate Movement – Canada chapter (GCCM Canada), a program of FCG, hosts an interactive website, offers educational webinars, and connects members through quarterly newsletters for the advancement of values expressed by Pope Francis in Laudato Si’: on care for our common home. GCCM Canada is initiating the Catholic Eco-Investment Accelerator, a one year undertaking to encourage Catholic institutions, organizations and private investors to follow Pope Francis’ call for a shift to an Ecological Economy.
Position Summary: Reporting to and working with the Coordinator of the GCCM Canada, the Mapping and Communications Animator will:
- Create and populate a contact database, with attention to approvals and privacy laws
- Research pertinent data to add to database
- Assist GCCM Canada Coordinator in partnering mentors and participants wishing peer-to-peer support
- Maintain flow of information with GCCM Canada communications support staff at Faith & the Common Good, develop social media, newsletter and promotional materials content
- Assist GCCM Canada Coordinator with development of publicity strategy and materials related to Catholic Eco-Investment Accelerator events
- University degree, with preference for social research and database management;
- Experience with communications plan development, social media and online engagement;
- Excellent written communications that are clear and engaging;
- Excellent computer literacy skills including internet, social media, Microsoft Office;
- Experience with team builder platforms NationBuilder, Slack, Airtable, or Microsoft Teams an asset;
- Skills in data management and developing effective promotion materials an asset;
- Canadian faith-related experience and knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching preferred.
Part-time contract position – approximately 50 hours
Flexible time. To start immediately.
Compensation: $20 per hour
Please email your resume, application letter and two references by February 24, 2021 to: