Find out more about Our Energy Benchmarking Program
Understanding your current energy use is the first step in reducing it. Launched in 2017, our Energy Benchmarking Program is helping faith communities take practical and economical climate action by lowering their energy use and emissions.
“Energy efficiency is the fastest, cheapest, and largest single resource solution for simultaneously saving energy, saving money, and preventing GHG emissions.” – Energy Star Action Workbook for Congregations, US EPA, 2017
1. Supports stewardship of environmental and financial resources.
2. Allows you to target carbon consumption (buildings account for about 42% of a typical faith community’s carbon footprint).
3. Saves time and money, allowing you to target lowest hanging fruit.
4. Assists future reporting requirements.
What are you being asked to do?
- Make a commitment to save energy
- Give us your building information and consent to access your energy data
- Work with us over the next 3 years to identify ways to decrease energy consumption
We'll make it easy for you by:
- Registering your faith building with Energy Star Portfolio Manager
- Inputing your utility data into Portfolio Manager
- Facilitating a building audit (if desired)
- Providing energy performance reports, energy efficiency tools, funding info and training
- Meeting with your building committee and/or Board to answer questions and ensure things run smoothly
- Providing an annual performance review
Interested? Here's what you need to do to participate:
- Register your faith community for our free online network.
- Log in to your account (top right corner of our home page).
- Return to this page and click on the "Energy Benchmarking Form" button above or below to complete the Energy Benchmarking Form.
- After you have electronically submitted the Energy Benchmarking Form, the last step is to complete a local utility company consent form to enable us to access your energy consumption data.
- Congrats! You're done. Looking forward to working with your faith community to save energy, $, and the planet!
Scroll down for upcoming events, blog posts, and resources.
|Halton and Peel:||Laura Irvinefirstname.lastname@example.org|