Join our team to help build a more resilient and sustainable Canada
- Do you believe that our diverse faith and spiritual communities can be a force for good?
- Are you passionate about protecting our environment for future generations?
- Do you thrive working in multi-cultural, multi-faith, grass-roots environments?
- Do you have a sense of humor about life?
If you answered a strong “Yes!” to all these questions, join our network!
Faith & the Common Good (FCG) is a national, interfaith charitable network dedicated to supporting diverse faith and spiritual communities contribute to greener, healthier, more resilient neighbourhoods. We work with local faith-based, environmental, municipal, Indigenous, and community partners across the country to host a wide variety of practical, educational, and spiritual programs that encourage: climate action, faith property greening and energy efficiency; the re-purposing of surplus places of worship; faith sector support for clean energy and active transportation; interfaith climate justice and clean water alliances; and increased support for our climate-vulnerable neighbours.
In 2019 alone, we worked with 90 partner institutions, held more than 60 workshops, webinars, and events across Canada with participation from 700 faith communities representing 20 faith traditions that directly reach more than 10,000 Canadians. With many Canadians claiming an active faith affiliation, we believe that galvanizing faith groups to be neighbourhood sustainability role models is crucial for a greener, healthier, more resilient Canada.
Board Members (2 positions available):
FCG is currently seeking two new Board members to join our Board of Directors. Ideal candidates include a Treasurer who appreciates the organic nature of a network with multiple funding streams.
Board Members are expected to:
- Fulfill a 3 year term with approximately 6 meetings per year
- Have familiarity or experience working in an interfaith context
- Participate in Board committees as needed
- Represent and advocate for FCG at external events, if necessary
Additional Assets and Attributes:
- Proven experience working in or closely collaborating with Indigenous communities/ Indigenous representation
- Ability to communicate in both official languages/Indigenous languages, and multiple languages, an asset
- Non-profit Board experience
Seeking Candidates with Key Skills:
- Financial management
- Commitment to climate action and social justice
Interested candidates are invited to apply by submitting a CV and a statement of interest that describes the contributions they can make to the FCG Board. Please email [email protected].
Black, Indigenous and racialized people, people with Disabilities/Disabled people, and 2SLGBTQI+ people are encouraged to apply for this position. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application.