Season of Creation and Other Upcoming Events in Toronto
Check out these upcoming Season of Creation Activities in the Archdiocese of Toronto—find the following events listed on their website here.
- September 7: Season of Creation Prayer Service, following 5:30 p.m. Mass at St. Joan of Arc Parish, 1701 Bloor St. W., Toronto.
- September 10, 1 to 2 p.m. EST: Development & Peace webinar to launch the “For Our Common Home — A Future for the Amazon; A Future for All” campaign. A panel, including Archbishop of Regina Donald J. Bolen, will discuss the upcoming Synod of Bishops on the Amazon. Please register online.
- September 27, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: International Climate Strike at Queen’s Park. Development & Peace will gather at Lime Ridge Monument at 10:45 a.m. See more information.
- September 28, 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.: Ecumenical Season of Creation Celebration at St. Joan of Arc Parish, 1701 Bloor St. W., Toronto. Pray, learn and gather for Taize prayer, Indigenous teaching (by Native Peoples' Mission) and fellowship to reflect on the web of life and the part we play in it.
- October 2, 1 p.m.: Webinar to launch the Canadian chapter of the Global Catholic Climate Movement. Keynote: Anne-Catherine Kennedy, Development & Peace Program Officer for Brazil and Colombia, will speak about the Synod on the Amazon. Information and webinar registration.
- October 4, 6:30 to 8 p.m.: Feast of Creation St. Basil’s Parish, 50 St. Joseph St., Toronto. An ecumenical prayer service organized by Archdiocese of Toronto, Native People’s Mission, Mary Ward Centre and Global Catholic Climate Movement. Download the poster.
The Archdiocese of Toronto will also host a federal election debate on October 3, 7:30 - 9:15 p.m., at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre: TV journalist Don Newman will moderate the debate where candidates from the major political parties discuss issues of concern to Catholics, including the environment. For more information and registration to attend this free event, go here.
Also on October 3, 7:00 - 9:30 p.m., Citizens for Public Justice (CPJ) will host a pre-election townhall gathering Shaping a Just Canada: Based on CPJ’s recently published 2019 Election Bulletin, this non-partisan event will explore key issues leading up to Canada's federal election, such as poverty in Canada and ecological justice.
Location: Christ Church Deer Park, 1570 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON
For more information and registration to attend this free event, go here.
Looking for more on the Season of Creation, check out the blog to read a powerful message from Pope Francis marking its beginning. https://www.faithcommongood.org/care_for_our_common_home_season_of_creation_2019