Are you a youth living in Canada who identifies as Muslim and is passionate about improving the environmental performance of your local mosque? We want to hear from you!
The EnviroMuslims and Faith & the Common Good teams are looking for youth across the country to come up with solutions their mosques can implement to be more environmentally friendly. This can range from adapting a program aimed at reducing waste or conserving water and energy, to engagement activities for congregation members, and everything in between!
Here’s your chance to share your idea with Imams and mosque management/facilities teams and help make a difference!
- Age 18-25 upon time of submission
- Deadline; all submissions must be received by Friday, March 25 at 11:59PM Eastern Time
- Must identify as Muslim and reside in Canada
- Your submission must be 500-700 words and be emailed to [email protected]
- If your idea is specifically tailored to your local mosque, please be sure to include the name of the mosque in your submission. The EnviroMuslims team will do our best to get your idea to the appropriate individual at that facility!
An expert panel of judges will review the entries and based on the criteria listed, will select the top 3 entries. These top 3 entries will win the following cash prizes:
• First place - $200⠀
• Second place - $150⠀
• Third place - $100⠀
Email the EnviroMuslims team at [email protected]!
Take Action: Sustainability Solutions for Canadian Mosques – Youth Edition is an initiative of the Greening Canadian Mosques program. The Greening Canadian Mosques program is a joint program of EnviroMuslims and Faith & the Common Good, with generous funding from Olive Tree Foundation.