Faith & the Common Good is currently seeking a dynamic Deputy Executive Director to guide, build, and help tell the story of the organization’s raison d’etre and diverse array of programs. The successful candidate will demonstrate skills at developing, funding, evaluating, and executing programs, managing administrative operations, fostering strong community and cross sectoral partnerships, and realizing the organization’s vision and strategic goals. The position will be considered as the next-in-line for the role of Executive Director.
What You Will Do
- Work intimately with the Executive Director, acting for the Executive Director when necessary, across all areas as needed, in order to build an effective and sustainable organization.
- Be the public facing representative of the organization through developing and fostering strong working relationships with our faith-based and community partners and stakeholders.
- Lead staff teams to guide the design, implementation, and evaluation of programs which anticipate and leverage opportunities for our network to contribute to greener, resilient, healthier communities.
- Work to insure the financial sustainability of the organization by spearheading fundraising efforts (ex, grant writing, special events, and planned giving) and maintaining strong relationships with the funding community.
- Provide editorial and messaging support on external written and verbal communications, ensuring they align with Faith & the Common Good’s mission, vision, and values.
- Work closely with the communications team to effectively utilize the full capacity our NationBuilder website and CRM system to manage data and help staff teams identify, attract, and engage more supporters, donors, and participants.
- Provide managerial and strategic oversight for the organization, including assisting in staff evaluations, developing and tracking an annual budget, and monitoring our organizational strategic plan in coordination with the Board of Directors.
Who You Are:
- Believe strongly that our diverse faith and spiritual communities can be a force for good. You respect tradition, but are unafraid to act as a catalyst for change.
- Motivated, passionate, and hopeful about protecting our shared environment for future generations.
- Have at least five years professional experience in an NGO or business management role.
- Comfortable asking for money, with a proven ability to secure and grow program funding through grants and donors, including experience with fundraisers, sponsorship, and donations.
- Have experience in initiating, planning, implementing, and evaluating programs.
- Thrive working in multi-cultural, multi-faith, grass-roots environments with a demonstrated ability to connect to and work within diverse communities.
- Demonstrate a positive and kind way with staff, participants, and partners.
- Outstanding writing, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Ideally, possess French language proficiency, knowledge of QuickBooks, and experience using web-based CRM platforms.
We are a national network, with a distributed team that works remotely from home, co-working spaces, or local partner organizations. This is a 4-day/week, flexible position ($34-42k/yr, commensurate with experience) with generous annual leave. The position could be based in either the Ottawa or GTHA region and can accommodate flexibility in scheduling and work from home. Some evening/weekend work and travel is expected. This is a one-year contract position, with an expectation of extension.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé by October 10, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. to the attention of [email protected].
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter